For Google’s Android developers, a month is coming to an end in which they had a lot to do and probably had to plug all sorts of gaps that caused delays in the first two weeks. This also applied to the system updates, but now the second Google system update for the month of August has been released, which will be rolled out for all smartphones, tablets and other devices.
Google System Updates is a fairly recent line of updates consisting of operating system components that can be updated directly from the Play Store. Previously, this was known internally as “Project Mainline” and the changes were only publicly communicated in exceptional cases. But with the new name, transparency has also been increased and detailed information on the individual improvements is provided several times a month.
The Google System Updates are independent of the Google Play Services updates and the updates via the Google Play Store. While the system updates are actually related to the operating system, the play services are responsible for the essay and framework. The Google Play Store updates the apps used by the user and is thus at the top of the now three-tiered update pyramid. Still, most of the updates relate to improvements around the Google Play Store – as they do almost every month. This month’s second edition is no different.
Interestingly, the second Google System Update in August mainly consists of updated components that have only been given a new date. At first, it was even the end of July, later August 18th and now it has been postponed again to August 25th. Also, note that there is no superscript , but you start directly with 2 and 3. This also goes very well with the shifts in August, which Google has still not commented on specifically. Here is the full listing for the month of August.
Google Play Store
- Improvements to the Play-as-you-download feature to let gamers start playing mobile games while the app download continues to reduce waiting times.
- New Features to help you discover the Apps & Games you love.
- Optimizations allow faster and more reliable download and installation.
- New features to the Play Pass and Play Points programs.
- Enhancements to Google Play Billing.
- Continuous improvements to Play Protect to keep your device safe.
- Various performance optimizations, bug fixes and improvements to security, stability and accessibility.
- [Phone] This release adds link groups to GoogleHelp to give users detailed help instructions from apps.
- [Phone] Adds support for Material 3 dynamic color in Android Help.
System Management & Diagnostics
- [Phone] New settings screens provide better visibility into and control over the functionality in Google Play services on your device.
- [Phone] New UI for AutoFill.
- [Phone] Allows users to add new eMoney cards to Google Pay to pay on transit and in stores in Japan.
- New developer features for Google and third-party app developers to support Location & Context, and Maps-related developer services in their apps.
- Updates to system management services that improve security, and stability.
 Available through Google Play services v34.22 updated on 08/25/2022
 Available through Google Play Store v31.1 updated on 07/28/2022.