How to share a Google calendar — A step by step guide
Date: 10 January 19
How to share a Google calendar — a step by step guide: If you don’t know how to share a Google calendar, you’ve come to the correct place. The method is therefore simple even your grandma might get it on. All it takes could be a few clicks and a couple of minutes of some time.
How to Share a Google calendar
First things first: you can solely share your Google calendar from a computer (or application in desktop mode), as the android app doesn’t support this feature. Honestly, it’s a huge oversight and one thing that hopefully eventually changes, but for now there’s no real way around this.
To get started, visit the Google Calendar website at the link and locate the “My calendars” section on the left side of the interface. Hover the mouse over the calendar you want to share, click the options icon (three vertical dots), and then choose “Settings and sharing”.
Settings and sharing tab google calendar
From there, you’ll be able to choose from 2 different sharing choices. the first is permitting anyone with a link to see your calendar. This seemingly isn’t the best possibility for most folks, as the calendar also can pop up once folks Google your name. If that doesn’t scare you off, you’ll be able to enable this by checking the “Make available to public” box. Then choose get a shareable link and choose the people you want to share the calendar with.
The second option is that the one that makes the most sense to the bulk of users: it helps you to share your calendar with specific folks. Click on “Add people” underneath the “Share with specific people” section, write in email addresses of the folks you wish to share your calendar with, and define their permissions (see solely, edit…).
Share with specific individuals
After that’s done, hit the send button to ship out emails to the folks you’ve selected. Google can then automatically add your calendar to their accounts, that they’ll be ready to access from the “Other calendars” section.
1) find the “My calendars” section on the left side of the interface and hover the mouse over the calendar you wish to share.
2) Click the options icon and then Settings and sharing.
3) choose from 2 different sharing options: check the “Make available to public” box to share the calendar with everybody who has a link, or click on “Add people” to share it with solely those you select so.
4) If you select the “Add people” option, type within the email addresses of the folks you wish to share your calendar with, define their permissions, and hit “Send”.
5) you’ll be able to always create your calendar private once more by unsharing it. To do so, merely delete the e-mail addresses under the “Share with specific people” or uncheck the “Make available to public” box.
There you have got it — this can be however you share a Google calendar with others.
For More Tutorials Check Our How-To Section.