How to update the firmware on the Sony WH1000XM3 headphones: To start it all you need is,
Amazon: Sony WH1000XM3 headphones ($348)
Google Play Store: Sony | Headphones Connect app (Free)
- launch the Sony | Headphones Connect application.
- Connect your WH1000XM3 to the Sony | Headphones Connect app (this should happen automatically if you’re paired).
- If there’s an update available, you’ll see the banner at the bottom of the screen. Press More Info.
- Press OK to start the update.
- The transfer will start. It will automatically move to the next screen after the transfer has been completed. This will take about one minute.
- When the software update is completed, press “OK”.