Instagram Launches New ‘Nametag’ Feature for Adding Friends IRL
1. Open the Instagram app.
2. Go to your profile and tap on three lines at the top.
3. Tap on the first option “Nametag”.
4. This will open a new window that will show your nametag with your profile’s name.
5. Other Instagram users can scan this nametag to follow you.
6. At the top of screen you will find an option to customize your nametag by choosing among color, selfie, and emoji. These then become the background on your nametag screen.
7. Below your nametag, you will see an option to ‘scan a nametag’, which as the name suggests will allow you to scan the nametags of other Instagram users.
8. To share your nametag, look for a share button on the top right corner of the screen.
9. Same way, you can also scan the nametag from the camera by going to the ìscan a nametag” screen and then tap on the top right corner to access your camera app.
10. Alternatively, you can scan someoneís nametag by swiping right into the camera, hover over the nametag and holding down on your screen.
For more tutorials, check our How-To Section.